The Chainsmokers are a popular band who rose to international prominence in 2014. They are a DJ duo made up of Alex Pall and Drew Taggart. Alex Pall originally had a different person in The Chainsmokers and they really began to take off once Drew Taggart entered the picture. They now had three successful albums under their belts and numerous singles. One of the things that sets The Chainsmokers apart from similar bands is that they are highly involved in writing and performing their own lyrics and vocal respectively.
Alex Pall says that when he met Drew they both knew they clicked professionally. They started out talking about their musical influence he says which progressed to what each of them wanted out of their careers and what they would do to achieve success. He says that he brought his DJ skills to the mix while Drew brought his ability to produce music. Alex Pall says that they both agreed they didn’t want to treat The Chainsmokers like a job but that they both did need to learn a number of things to really be successful.
In every musical genre it is hard to stand out from other performers, Alex Pall says. Everyone is trying to outcompete everyone else which is no different for DJ duos in the electronic genre. After starting out together he and Drew decided they didn’t want to just do dance music because they had a lot of other music types they liked. Eventually, this led to them blurring the lines between genres and becoming a bit electric, dance, indie, pop, and hip-hop he says.
Alex Pall says that it was a joy to work with Halsey on their song “Closer”. He said she was one of the artists they had really wanted to do a performance with for a while. He says she has a really strong voice and she is her own personality. The song was written by Taggart along with one of their mutual friends while they were on tour. Alex Pall says song marked a big turn for them since Taggart sang on it and they self-produced it.
Wengie is an Australian Chinese Beauty Guru in Youtube who has earned millions of fans with her engaging beauty and makeup tutorials. She was born on January 9, 1986, in Guangzhou, China. Wengie left her six figure earning marketing job for a full-time job as a YouTuber. She is famous for her all rounded approach to beauty tips and practices. From Western to Chinese as well as Korean, Wengie is known for incorporating every beneficial beauty hack in her YouTube tutorials. Apart from tutorials, she also has uploaded a cover of the songs of Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake.
In the video titled Top Ten Hair Hacks Every Girl Should Know, Wengie has discussed the following points in a very fun and an interactive way.
- Diet is the main thing you should take care of if you want healthy hair. Incorporating vitamins, folic acid, protein, vitamin A as a part of the daily diet is very crucial. Wengie’s personal recommendation is Sugarbearhair Gummy Vitamin for healthy hair. She likes to pop one every morning and is highly recommended by Kylie Jenner.
- Keeping your hair brush is very essential. Put dryer sheet into your boar bristle brush and comb your hair to get that sleek hair.
- Tie upper half of your hair into a ponytail and tie the lower half of your hair a little lower than the first one. This simple trick gives you a longer ponytail.
- Coconut oil hair mask for 30 mins before taking a bath is the best way to get that beautiful hair.
- Use old t-shirt to pat dry your wet hair. Using coarse and thick towel is strictly prohibited.
- Applying hair spray to your hair using thick makeup brush is a great way to make those flyways smooth. Spray your bobby pin with hairspray to make it stay longer in your hair.
- Cut your split ends using hairdresser scissor from time to time. Twist a bit of hair strand and snip them away for best results.
- For super quick loose waves, make a pony and part your hair into three sections. Curl each section individually
- For super oily hair using dry shampoo or baby powder over your hair and leaving it overnight is an excellent way to manage hair.
- Use very soft rubber band to tie your hair while sleeping. Use satin pillowcase to minimize breakage.
Learn more about Wengie: